Merit Filter Corporation Static Screen™
- The Merit Filter Corporation Static Screen™ offers a low cost and dependable solution for the removal of suspended solids from municipal and industrial wastewater streams.
- The Merit Filter Corporation Static Screen™ is stationary, requires no power to operate and has no moving parts, thus making it the most economical method of screening and classifying wastewater streams.
- The Merit Filter Corporation Static Screen™ is self-cleaning requiring minimal operator maintenance or input. It is compact, highly reliable and easily installed. The Merit Filter Corporation Static Screen™ can pay for itself in a short time by reducing treatment costs and recovering valuable by-products.
- By using the Merit Filter Corporation Static Screen™ for primary screening the organic loading on a wastewater plant is reduced, thereby reducing loading and maintenance on digesters, clarifiers, lagoons and pumps. It may also allow piping size to be reduced, by reducing volume into the plant. Thus, the Merit Filter Corporation Static Screen™ will improve overall efficiency of the waste treatment system.
- The Merit Filter Corporation Static Screen™ is constructed entirely of Type 304 stainless steel for maximum durability and is available in Type 316 stainless steel.
- Available to handle flows from 10 GPM up to 1.0 MGD in a single unit. Units may be “ganged” together to handle higher flows.
- Slot size can range from 0.010″ (1/4 mm) up to 0.100″ ( 2 1/4 mm).
- Standard sizes range from 2 feet wide to 6 feet wide.
Wastewater, or process water, enters the headbox where a special baffle modifies hydraulic turbulence so the influent and suspended solids will flow over the wire and onto the screen face evenly. The triangular cross section of the wedgewire screen element then strips the liquid from the solids allowing the effluent to travel on for further treatment. The recovered solids then continue downward on the face of the screen, where additional moisture evaporates until the screenings drop off the face of the screen. The screenings are then disposed of to a landfill, screenings press, or dewatered further for incineration.
- The Merit Filter Corporation Static Screen is most commonly used for the primary treatment of raw sewage and/or combined storm water pretreatment. Pretreatment removes most of the settleable solids and non-biodegradable floatables.
- The Merit Static Screen can:
- Remove up to 30% of suspended solids
- Increase DO levels by 1 to 3 mg/L
- Replace a comminutor at the headworks
- Reduce BOD levels by 15 to 35%
- Remove floatable by up to 90%
Please consult Merit Filter Corporation for industrial applications.